Eqvalan Oral Paste
Eqvalan Oral Paste
Eqvalan Oral Paste for Horses at the recommended dose rate of 200 micrograms ivermectin per kg bodyweight provides effective treatment and control of the following parasites of horses and donkeys: Large strongyles Strongylus vulgaris (adults and arterial larval stages), S. edentatus (adults and tissue larval stages), S. equinus (adults), Triodontophorus spp. (adults), T. brevicauda, T.serratus, Craterostomum acuticaudatum, (adults). Small strongyles Adult and immature (fourth stage larvae) small strongyles or cyathostomes, includingbenzimidazole-resistant strains: Coronocyclus spp., including C. coronatus, C. labiatus, C. labratus; Cyathostomum spp., including C. catinatum, C. pateratum; Cylicocyclus spp., including C. ashworthi, C. elongatus, C. insigne, C. lepostomum, C. nassatus, C. radiatus; Cylicostephanus spp., including C. asymetricus, C.bidentatus, C. calicatus, C. goldi, C. longibursatus, C. minutus; Cylicodontophorus spp., including C. bicornatus; Gyalocephalus capitatus; Parapoterio stomum spp. including P. euproctus, P. mettami; Petrovinema spp. including P. poculatum; Poteriostomum spp. including P. imparidentatum.
- Lungworms (adults and immatures)
- Dictyocaulus arnfieldi Pinworms (adults and immatures)
- Oxyuris equi Ascarids (adults and immature)
- Parascaris equorum Hairworms (adults)
- Trichostrongylus axei Large-mouth stomach worms (adults)
- Habronema muscae Neck threadworms (microfilariae) Onchocerca spp.
- Intestinal threadworms (adults) Strongyloides westeri Stomach bots Oral and gastric stages of Gastrophilus spp.
Dosage and administration
EQVALAN Paste for Horses is given orally at the recommended dose rate of 0.2mg ivermectin per kg of bodyweight.
Each syringe delivers 120mg ivermectin, sufficient to treat 600 kg of bodyweight.
Contra-indications, warnings, etc:
- Some horses carrying heavy infection of Onchocerca microfilariae have experienced oedema and pruritus following dosing, assumed to be the result of death of large numbers of microfilariae.
- These signs resolve within a few days but symptomatic treatment may be advisable.
- EQVALAN Paste for Horses has been formulated specifically for use in horses and donkeys only.